A Science Project. A Science Project.

This reminds me of the kinda things that they would show to small children in a science class except it only needed a small bit more spit and polish.

The cartoon itself was well researched and scientifically arcute and used simple vocabulary to get it's point across clearly.

Your word selection doesn't really matter because clarity is the name of the game.

As for spit and polish.

I would have drawn all text seen in the animation instead of typing it because than you can draw the fonts.

The drawings were fine but you could try doing more unique facial expressions and body language in your characters to enhance comedic effect.

Take the time to observe people around you and pay special attention to there own facial cues and body language.

You can do a cartoony verison of those facial cues and body language that people actually do.

play around with the pupils in the eyes because you can read human/animal emotion on just the eyes alone.

You got the right idea on playing around with the facial muscles in the eyes themselves.

Cartoony expressions for the most part are an exaggerated version of the same kinda facial expressions that real people do but with less limitations.

You can also work on your line of action.

When that guy reaches for a piece of chalk than all parts of his body can move in subtle way.

if he kicks forward than his body leans back to maintain balance and when he reaches for a piece of chalk than he either leans forward or back.

Try reaching for pencil on the ground and observe your own body either leaning forward with your arm.

or leaning back away for your arm.

Other than these small nitpicks.

It was a well presented flash movie and I will look into your other movies.

TehAnimatorsWaffle responds:

wow thanks! :D your criticizem was well explained which will help me improve in the future, but there are some things i would like to adress.
1.) i had 2 days to do this project, and i was very rushed to get it done in time.
2.) i was originally going to have a lot more movement with the arms/face, but when i started running out of time, i had to simplify it a lot.
3.) my penminship sucks. bad. and the fact i had to do this all on a trackpad, that didint help with it.
4.) i do, as you said, study people/hands/faces before i draw them, buuttt i didnt have much time to, like i keep saying.

but overall thank you a lot for the criticizem (still spellin it wrong! :D) and im glad you took the time to type it :D

A Compassionate Message A Compassionate Message

The plight of the emos

the life of an emo is hard with all the pretending to be depressed and wearing skinny jeans all the time and what not.

KillYourselfSlowly responds:

True dat

Dr. Mario's Radio Dr. Mario's Radio

This is the worst of all your movies

The other movie under the title of flips are fighting used the very same terrible and overrated 1980's pop song known as the internet meme rick roll.

That other movie at least it something to look at however this movie has nothing to look at and is nothing more than a blank screen.

I really can't get any more detailed than this because how can you give a blank screen a review beyond the level of the youtube comment?

-PowerRangerYELLOW

Dangerous race! Dangerous race!

Much better than flips are fighting

The animation was a bit more smooth and the overall movie was much more dynamic and lively than flips are fighting.

I would recommend simply making this much longer than a few seconds since you have tons of potential to do things with flipnote.

while you are limited to 2 colors on flipnotes however this didn't stop other flipnote animators from changing colors in different frames or even thinking up creative work arounds for the color limitations of flipnotes.

While that is a bit advanced it is much more interesting than using the red brush for strictly blood whenever your stickman crashes into some spikes.

but it is the simple thing of simply making your movie longer is what will be your saving grace.

-PowerRangerYELLOW

Flips are fighting Flips are fighting

a little bit disapointing

I have gotten no sense that you have taken advantage of the onion skin feature in flipnote because the animation was beyond choppy since your sticks jumped from action to action within what appeared to be 2 frames.

You could smooth this out by a lot by doing more drawings for each action but when you do things like 2 frame actions than you need a hell of a lot of detail to make up for this flaw.

Yes, it'll still be bad animation however the newgrounds audience is more forgiving of extremely bad animation if the drawings are highly detailed however just simply doing more drawings to farther smooth out your animation will make more sense to do.

I like the fact that you used the flipnote medium for your animation however simply making your movie longer, more inbetweens will dramatically improve your cartoon with just these small changes.

DaveyToons10172011 DaveyToons10172011

Visually it looks interesting to say the least

I'm actually really disappointed because there was so much potential in this very flash to do so much more.

Your usage of color theory and the way the animation was kept surreal reminded me of the work of Catoblepas but drawn in a more crude child like fashion in fact i would say this style is visually awesome.

Beyond that there was really nothing much more compelling than the graphics itself because it was a simple loop of a DJ scratching the shit out of records.

I was expecting that maybe if i pressed some kind of button on the DJ that something else would happen and i ended up right clicking and playing and went right back to the preloader.

It really pains me to give you a low score because i see so much potential in you and so much potential in these daveytoons.

I say keep em going and your abilities will excel beyond belief because making spam is like training in the gym.

The more you do it than the more muscle you build up.

David responds:

Ah, my dear old friend, thank you for these kind words. Maybe I will have the drive to do something cool in the future with a similar concept. I will work towards better things, but of course there will be spam.

ClockDaySexParty ClockDaySexParty

Hilarious

One of the funniest clock day movies i seen so far today.

DarkMatter responds:

You're too kind my dear PowerRangerYELLOW, thank you for the 10!

Openers Openers

This is not an easy review for me

This is very much refreshing to see a turd of the week made with an honest awfulness to it since while garbage it is still far superior to many of the intentionally bad turd of the week movies.

Often these intentionally awful movies lack the charm, creativity and honesty of something much like this.

I think the idea of a flash movie sending you an email back is a great idea but the execution is not very good.

Not many people will include there email addresses within there reviews and even if they did.

It is more effort than it is worth to write them an email.

This is energy you can be using to make your drawings more polished, improvements on your animation by practicing whenever you even have the slightest hint of boredom.

I personally practice animating using a nintendo ds and logging on to pictochat.

I can put up with crude drawings but not crude animation since your character stands in a stationary position.

You could at least animate the mouth a bit more than merely flapping away it's gums like a gold fish.

I've often seen this animation short cut used in anime but even there it doesn't look too impressive.

You will need to animate mouths in all kinds of directions to give the mouth flaps more variety.

It is a bit of a pain in the ass to go the extra mile just to animate talking but the results are worth it because you will be surprised to know that most reasonable people do appreciate the extra bit of effort.

Other than all this i can still see some potential in you since you can get better by constantly pumping out these movies despite the annoyance of everyone else.

But for what you lack in graphics you can easily make up for it with a sense humor and the balls to keep going.

I wish you better luck in your future movies.

-PowerRangerYELLOW

This review is insanely well received!

Madness Day Katy Perry Madness Day Katy Perry

Happy madness my brother

It's movies like this that make me wish everyday was madness day.

Moe Moe Madness Mania Moe Moe Madness Mania

It is the ultmate fusion

Moe anime and madness.

MrBigStick responds:

i also used the sound effect for an explosion from a dragonball z game for the slap.